Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Cougar Cluster Swap Project!
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 08:27 AM   #9
Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell View Post
What cluster is what?
Top is Cougar bottom is Focus? (google image says that's right, just want to confirm)

So the sale is for the top gauge cluster, and wiring things, only, correct?

I might be interested in taking this project on. I need a tach that reads higher than 7K, even though 8K is still low it's better than nothing.
I have to do some more digging and see if it's possible to recalibrate how the gauges read. I haven't found that the SCT software can do it but that doesn't mean the dealer software can't. I'll get back to you with what I find.
Im selling two cougar clusters, one thats older style (bottom, 0 miles according to seller/ packaging it came with) and the newer style one (silver pretty one, believe it has 69k or 70k). plus the two plugs from the cougar harness that go to the cluster and a wiring book for 99 or 00 cougars.

there are some functions that the cougar has but the focus doesnt, and their trip reset is on a separate panel (4 buttons I think). Those are really cheap on ebay and easy enough to hide if you wanted everything

Im pretty sure you could repin the focus harness to the cougar plugs (or make a jumper). I mean the focus provides signals, the cluster is looking for certain signals right? Id ask the dealer if its possible to have a cougar cluster/focus key and not have any PATS issues.

like i said, a project lol. id be working on it if I didnt have a later focus with the Can-bus stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiscoZx3 View Post
My ex-girlfriend owns a Cougar, and I immediately fell in love with the gauges. I wish I had the determination and know-how to take on this project.

Good luck with selling.
Thats the driving force behind this! god theyre good looking clusters... thanks!