Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Installing power points into rear of armrest.
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
roosterst
фанатик

Fan#: 61461
What I Drive: '05 CD silver ZX3 ST

FF Reputation: 77 roosterst Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Installing power points into rear of armrest.

This was done on a '05 ZX3. Other years, and models may be similar.
Radio, seats, and center console were removed, but are not included in this write up.

Tools needed:

7mm socket
Phillips screwdriver
pick tool
Trim removal tool
Dremel
Soldering iron

Parts needed:

Power point socket
Wire
Heat shrink
Wire loom
Misc connectors

This diagram is from a '04 SVT. The diagram shows a OG/BK wire for the power side of the rear PP, and OG/YE for the front. My '05 had a OG/YE wire. We used orange without a tracer. Your wire color maybe different, as well as the fuse location.

Got a few parts from the dealer, but they started getting costly, so we used Napa power points instead.(not all parts were used).

The Napa parts came with covers; we used these instead.

Made up a harness, fished it through, and soldered it to the front power point.

...and put the PP sockets into this piece. We used the bracket that came with the PP as a template for cutting the holes.

...while my 10yo cut into the armrest support. (Wasn't rough looking when he was finished.) And, hooked up the other end of our harness. The metal bracket on the armrest had to be trimmed up a little, but we forgot to take pics, sorry. You'll see what needs to be cut when you try to put the rear cover back on.

Finished.

The armrest is still sturdy, even after half of the support was cut away. And, now I don't have to listen to the kids complain that they can't play their DSs.