Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Average age of SVT owners?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #134
MURDEREDOUT
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84874
What I Drive: 2003 MURDEREDOUT SVT

FF Reputation: 2 MURDEREDOUT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
32 y.o. WASP Automotive Quality Eng. Mgt. AAS, BS, MS

The SVT is a sport compact motor-enthisiasts' wet dream. It's quick, agile, and hella-fun to drive. The SVT boys in the glass house in Dearborn had more fun on this project than the SVT 'Stang.

If you can pick up a 5-door (which I have) it's more functional in daily life and cheaper on insurance. Most insurance agencies don't quote a premium over the SVT to the std. ZX5 (even though they're valued ~30-35% more per performance Ford Racing parts) and it's just registered as wagon.

Keep it modestly stock, the demographic for tuners is predominately teenagers, so cops get a hard-on when they see obnoxious Civic wings and hear fart-cans. All I wanted was a replacement rim off of craigslist, and the next thing I know, I put my '65 390 BB project to the side 'cause the tuner bug bit me... I'm skirting the edge with Roush rear body, magnaflow 2.5", tuned, slammed and murdered... but I short-shift and am seated in front of the B pillar.