Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - What sorts of problems has your Focus experienced?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #332
Focus54
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 52466
What I Drive: Silver 2006 ZXW

FF Reputation: 1 Focus54 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I bought my 06 ZXW wagon used with 26K miles on it. Replaced the tires as the ones on the car had a really noisy, aggressive tread. Went with Michelins, 1 size up 205/55/16's. Replaced the console compartment lid under warranty. Had an interior vibration at idle....passenger motor mount took care of that. Had a wheel balance/vibration issue after installing new tires, ended up being wheel bearings. There was a sort of slower than wheel speed vibration/noise that sped up with the drive train which went away with the new wheel bearings at about 32k miles. Car has 104,000 miles on it now, the vibration is back with the new set of Michelins I just put on, actually started before. I'm thinking wheel bearings again as I drive the car pretty hard and have loaded tons of weight in it, lumber, cement, my musical equipment, pull a small utility trailer occasionally, plus California's F'd up roads. I figure something has to give. I may pay someone to do the bearings this time. Pulled the suspension apart myself last time and had them pressed in. Lots of labor, but went right back together and worked fine for 70k miles. Other than that, the car has been very dependable and my wife and I just bought a 2010 Focus sedan for her a few months ago.