Points 374, Level 7
Points: 374, Level: 7 Points: 374, Level: 7 Points: 374, Level: 7
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 focallocal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I second the above. After procrastinating about getting a tune and dropping the dough on it, I decided on Tom's tune, partially due to the free updates as I am consistently wanting to add more bolt-ons. I recently received THREE tunes from Tom, and he didn't charge any extra for them. I received a normal 87 tune, a performance 93 tune, and an 87 mpg tune that he has been working on. I have an ATX, so the increase in shift pressures was a big improvement from the factory slush box. Throttle response is much more defined, and the rpm fluctuation that was ever present during the 35-40 mph acceleration is now gone. Haven't had it enough to determine any mpg gains, but I've only had time to try the 87, and I'll tell ya, I can't wait to plug in the 93!

We also had a problem getting my vehicle to accept the program from the SCT X3. Tom stayed on the line with SCT tech support for HOURS trying to get it sorted out. He never complained once and had a great attitude. He's also a really nice guy to just sit around and talk cars with! I'll post back with my results from the mpg tune once the ECU stabilizes and re-learns from the reset, and also what I experience with the 93 performance tune, but from what I've experienced, I can only imagine it would be phenomenal! Tom's tune FTW!