Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - How many of you guys post outside of the texas forum?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 09:15 AM   #12
JustHereFTM
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 68588
What I Drive: 2008 Focus

FF Reputation: 7 JustHereFTM Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
matt, your post made me laugh because i was here just before tom made that sticky that basically said okay guys the 08 focus has been out for a year now, we dont need any more hate just move along. so i got to see the "hate" as well. good times, lol

i always felt like the majority of the focus people were just mad that america didnt get a euro focus, we got a reworked version of essentially the same car. then they basically voiced their opinion in a way that made it sound like the people who bought the 08's were stupid for liking and purchasing this generation of foci and should have gotten an 05-07 or held out for 4 years (at that time) for another world focus. neither of which were viable options for me, personally.

i will say that i think we have made some progress since 07-08. a few people have stanced their 08-11 (...), some have made race-oriented to full out race car examples, FSWerks did their SEMA cars (i really like that yellow coupe they did!), 3DCarbon released a lip kit for it, ford tweaked some appearance aspects of the car, so we are at least on the map compared to 07 and 08. But i dont disagree that the 08-11 focus is one that "die hards" dont really want to aknowledge existed...

...but it sucks to be them because i think the 2012 focus looks like a steaming hot plate of ery; i for one have no plans to stop photographing my car and posting it up; and just like people to this very day are joining this forum with 03 ZX3's and 07 ST's people will continue to join with 08-11's long after the 2012 has been on the market. so chances of forgetting the 08-11 existed... slim to none