Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - racing seats
Thread: racing seats
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #3
Notorious0ne
Focus Addict

Fan#: 70375
What I Drive: 05 Saleen Focus, 04 Saleen Focus

Points 7,370, Level 57
Points: 7,370, Level: 57 Points: 7,370, Level: 57 Points: 7,370, Level: 57
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 15 Notorious0ne Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
You should be able to find a cheap no name brand on ebay that just bolt to your factory rails. Or if you want to make easier try going to a junk yard and getting the base so all you have you do to swap them out is replace the 4 main bolts. When buying racing seats its just the seat. You dont get the whole bracket setup currently in your car. So you have to remove the old seat which is 4 bolts under the current seat. Then Put the new seat on top. Also check to see if your passenger side has an airbag sensor this could cause problems down the road if your new seats do not have this sensor. Ill try to take some pictures of what i am talking about so its more clear tomorrow. In my saleen i have saleen leather seats which came from a junked Saleen Focus they have the factory brackets on them so all i have to do is remove the torx bolts and swap out the seats it takes like 20 minutes for me. But if you dont have the base system it will take longer if you want to swap out your seats. Ill take pictures tomorrow after work to further explain this.

The cops are here to keep us safe.............I'm here to keep them busy!

Hatch Nation #43