Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SVT Focus Suspension upgrade (general)
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #10
WillJongIll
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 64756
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 WillJongIll Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
To clarify -

I am going to replace the front struts and rear shocks with the Konis, seem pretty popular after further poking around the forums. This will not affect ride height, as far as I understand.

But when doing this, at 90k, should I replace the springs as well? If so, would it be better to go with the Koni springs or Eibach pro springs? Its cheaper with the konis as you can get all these parts together as a kit. They both lower about 1.5"? Or, alternatively, should I replace the springs with factory replacement SVT springs? Or, of course, keep the springs that I have?

I do get a little rubbing when hitting speed bumps too quickly (of which there are many in Portland) but I imagine, whether lowered or not, this can be addressed? Otherwise they wouldn't sell springs that lower the car if it made cars impossible to navigate through speed-bump'd neighborhoods? Are the advantages of stiffer springs significant (beyond aesthetics)? Any increase in handling performance is welcome even if it makes the ride a bit rougher.

Thanks!