Pfc_Dustin
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 84404
What I Drive: 00 ZTS, 02 ZX3, 95 PGT, 02 Jeep,ect

FF Reputation: 1 Pfc_Dustin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
You CANNOT accuratly read a plug that has been drive cycled on , it has to to be a FRESH plug installed brought to temp , do a WOT pass on it and as soon as you let off the throttle kill the engine , this is the ONLY TRUE WAY to read a plug and get an accurate reading
Doing it this way you can read both timing and fuel

"Mechanical timing" is used for distributor engines , what your talking about is the Cam timing and has nothing to do with engine timing so are you talking Cam timing or the Engine timing ?

Tom
As far as the plugs go I've only heard of that in race cars, reading plugs after driving on them is a pretty standard practice to help diagnose a problem in a regular car especially since its not going to be driven too much at wot.

As for the timing, your arguing symantics for seemingly no reason at all. This motor is a distributorless ign system so what do you think I ment? Me and most people I work with consider timing adjusted on the engine mechanical timing and timing adjusted at the distributer ignition timing, this car like you and I said has no dist, so like I said symantics. There's no reason to be asking that question or arguing about this at all it not helpful. If you don't think its timing fine, offer up a solution. Otherwise you could save your weird macho contest for someone who cares about it more. I'm posting here for a helpful discussion. Helpful would be answering a question like how do you ohm out the maf sensor or ait sensor on this car. Instead of arguing for absolutly no reason try helping.