Pfc_Dustin
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 84404
What I Drive: 00 ZTS, 02 ZX3, 95 PGT, 02 Jeep,ect

FF Reputation: 1 Pfc_Dustin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
You cannot check a plug that has been drove on or idled on for long that isnt how you read plugs so what your doing there is worthless

"mechanical timing has been set and reset" How did you set the timing ? There is no mechanical timing on the Focus ??????

You need to see what the issue is not just start throwing parts at it and hope you find I
TTom
The plugs are pretty new, I mentioned I put them in a couple weeks ago
I've only put about 10-20 miles on them, also you can read plugs that have been driven on, I've honestly never heard of that before, the only thing like that would be that you can't read really old plugs because you'll need kind of a fress canvas so to speak. In that respect these are just fine to read even if I had 50 miles on them.

Mechanical timing is set at the timing belt with the the cam and crank tools, I've set it and reset it just to be sure.

I havnt been throwing parts at it, believe it or not every parts been bad. The timining belt was missing most of the teeth, the cat was clogged and throwing stuff out of the exhaust,the o2 sensor was melted by the cat, the coil tested bad, and was cracked and the fuel pump was replaced as part of a recall. Now I'm dow to the sensors and I'm trying to lock down a specific one instead throwing parts at it.

I don't mean to be rude just giving you some clarification.

also the compression I posted is pretty low, I've been seeing that normal for these cars is the 150-180 range, any thoughts on this?

Is there a way tp test the maf sensor with an ohms meter or voltage meter?

Last edited by Pfc_Dustin; 04-02-2011 at 01:35 PM.