Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus Euro Headlamp Availability
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #30
JustHereFTM
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 68588
What I Drive: 2008 Focus

FF Reputation: 7 JustHereFTM Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile If americans stop complaining about 28k dollar foci then maybe you'll see LEDs and HIDs. And guess what, lots of complaints are coming from this very site, you dont think they are listening? If HIDs and leds were in the list each car would be close to $1000 more and people would be comaining even more about the price instead of looking to see what they are getting for it. Personally I want a freaking heated windshield, but thatll never come because americans complain to much. Sorry, if you want a cheap, a to b outdated car go buy a 2010-2011, plenty of those sitting around. But the 2012 is growing up, it wants options and if you dont want them just dont click the check box next to them. Everyones making a big stink that the focus is too expensive but its really not. Prices are similar to the 2011s and your even getting much more for your money. Its just you can load these things up with tons of options so thats why it has a high price ceiling. Stuff gets mor expensive as the years go on. I dont see my parents btchin that cars arent 5 grand anymore...but many of you are still stuck in 2000 and are complaining about a few grand.
did u ever stop and think that maybe its not the cost the consumer is unwilling to pay that makes car companies kill features, but maybe the cost to make said features compliant with standards and regulations the company has to pay that makes them decide the feature is not cost effective? i say that to say maybe theres more to the whole story than people not willing to pay 28 grand for a compact car...

perhaps due to time constraints, ford is in the works of designing an hid option that better suits the NA car for the next model year

perhaps due to budget constraints, ford is holding off on this feature for more funding

perhaps ford is awaiting feedback to see if this option would sell and what trim levels should have them as optional equipment, standard, and what option package they should be apart of?

im sorry im just sick of reading your "ZOMFG EVERYONE HATES THE NEW FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "AMERICANS ARE SO F"ING CHEAP!!!!!!!" replies which arent true because everyday i read of a new person ordering theirs, highly considering one, posting vin numbers and build dates and the like.

if you feel you want this feature be PROACTIVE, voice your opinion to FoMoCo and actually get something done.

[\rant]