e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGearTerror View Post
Personally,the focus has been failing me a little bit, lately. It's fantastic for long cruises. I drove to LAX, then anaheim, with a fair amount of city driving, and pulled off the whole 210 miles using only 6 gallons.

But usually I'm not on long cruises. I've got a a 30 mile drive out to school and back twice a week, but the rest of the time I'm putting around town all day visiting the girlfriend, going to lunch, or just driving.

Because of that, and the wonderful new sound from my Trubendz cat-back and the itch it gives me to put the pedal down, I've been doing terribly! only about 240-290 miles per tank. On better days with all this stop and go driving I average 26mpg.
i mean I wouldn't call it failing, its more driving style. unless you had a fiesta you wouldn't do much better with mileage, its mostly dependent on your driving. When I had a celica (rated like 22/29), i beat up that gas pedal up and never saw better than 23, but my dad got 27 in it driving easy. If im in typical baltimore city traffic, focus is 23. normal around town, also like 26. highway around 32 taking it easy