Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #11
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerrill View Post
Note that cars seem to be being built 5-6 days after they get scheduled (eg cars getting scheduled today are getting build dates of ~3/24). Delivery after that is as little as 3-4 days after that, but that really depends on location, shipping methods, dealers deliveries, etc and could be a few weeks for those on the west coast.

I know somebody who had their retail order get scheduled on 3/11, build on 3/17, and dealer delivery is expected mid next week.

Yes, the lack of info is painful, but reality isn't necessarily as doom and gloom as some want to make it sound.

They have started scheduling retail, but have only been doing it for a little over a week. There are people with retail orders and VINs, but not a ton yet.
emerrill, you are talking to the same person on both forums. I signed up here but my name was already taken. I will repost on this forum so we don't spread incorrect information.

Please know that I am not pulling this stuff out of thin air. Cars are not built within 5-6 days after getting scheduled. They plan production a few weeks out for assembly and supplies. On shipping, by the time it releases from plant and gets on a railcar or transport, it's usually at least 2 weeks time depending on location of dealership.

The person you talked to has bad information. While I can't dispute the dates, the car was not ordered by the dealer as a "retail" order. Sometimes dealers will tell you what you want to hear to sell you the car, then push the date back later. Not saying this is the situation, but these dates are very aggressive.

It's not doom and gloom. It's a reality that true "retail" entered orders (submitted in October or November) will have a wait close to 6 months by the time it's all said and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerrill View Post
They have started scheduling retail, but have only been doing it for a little over a week. There are people with retail orders and VINs, but not a ton yet.
If you are basing this off of the "public" dealer inventory search pages, these are "stock" orders. "Retail" orders to not appear on the public site. Everyone that has posted here with a VIN had their order submitted by their dealer as "stock". No (as dealer submitted) "retail" orders are have not been verified scheduled at this time.

Last edited by csvt2060; 03-18-2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: .