Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 12:05 PM   #137
itr86
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84086
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 itr86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
I am in the same boat. I ordered as "retail" back in November and as of today my car is still not scheduled for production. I have mixed feelings about this process, but over everything I think it's way to long of a wait to at least get a production date. And it's hard knowing that even though I will eventually get a date, it can be up to two months or more after that when it will physically arrive at the dealership. So we are looking at 6 months total from order date to delivery.

It's also frustrating that the people who ordered as "retail" basically get cut in line by orders submitted for customers as "stock". I know there is no way for Ford to verify otherwise, but it's difficult seeing cars that will be delieverd to customers and also sitting on lots while my order sits unattended.
Thats's absoluely ridiculous. I also ordered in November, and if it hasnt even been scheduled to be built yet I'm going to reconsider even buying.