Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #134
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
To get the $500.00 rebate the order had to be placed by the dealer as a retail. To the people that already have VIN's/ ship dates....the dealer placed your order as a "stock" unit, that's why it is showing up on the inventory search pages. If your unit was "retail" it would not show there. They have not scheduled any retails yet, because they were waiting until the OK to ship which happened last week.

If the dealer didn't read the fine print of the claiming process from Ford, it will not be valid, and either you won't get the rebate or it will be coming out of the dealers pocket.

Just wanted to give some more information to the people that ordered way before others and are frustrated they have not got a VIN yet.

I am in the same boat. I ordered as "retail" back in November and as of today my car is still not scheduled for production. I have mixed feelings about this process, but over everything I think it's way to long of a wait to at least get a production date. And it's hard knowing that even though I will eventually get a date, it can be up to two months or more after that when it will physically arrive at the dealership. So we are looking at 6 months total from order date to delivery.

It's also frustrating that the people who ordered as "retail" basically get cut in line by orders submitted for customers as "stock". I know there is no way for Ford to verify otherwise, but it's difficult seeing cars that will be delieverd to customers and also sitting on lots while my order sits unattended.