Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #684
CheeseEater88
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 72152
What I Drive: 2002, Black, Zetec Cougar

FF Reputation: 1 CheeseEater88 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnSES View Post
I was actually disappointed that my 06 ST doesnt have the Getrag 6-speed. Whenever im driving on the highway in 5th gear it seems like its begging me to change gears again, but cant lol I have driven my buddys SVT, and I actually like Getrag better, the feel is better being a shorter throw, and theyre pretty durable I've heard. That was a mistake not putting the Getrag in the 05-07 ST's IMO if they were trying to replicate the SVT.
you do know that the 6-speed getrag transmission is shorter overall than the 5-speed mtx right? meaning youll hit your peak rpm faster (and more times at that)

thats why I said that... that and people have been know to blow one up on occasion...

and the MTX-75 is readily availibly for aftermarket mods... its been in fords line up since the 90's. Torsen, certain aftermarket clutches and flywheels... just certain things that are already on the market for the MTX-75 that may be able to use with the new revision, that wont be usefull for the getrag

manufacturers charge more for something that they cant sell a lot of (specialty items), I rather see the MTX 75 flooding the market just to get prices down on those particular mods. That and it will be easier for replacement parts and service down the road if there is more than 5K cars the come out with it...