Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - You can beat one.
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 08:16 PM   #38
Focus_sucoF
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2502
What I Drive: black zx5

FF Reputation: 1 Focus_sucoF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally posted by CowsGoMoo
I love it how people say "it's all about the way you drive", when you have a damn auto. You put one hand on the wheel, one had smoking, one foot pushing a pedal. What is so difficult about that?...A barely stock focus will not beat an is300, nor a hemi truck, and definetly not an svt focus.

yes thats the way a typical person would think about an atx focus after driving only a standard, but after driving an atx u learn differnt tricks such as flashing the converter or clickin the o/d button at certain rpm ranged theres alot more then just mashin down the gas, cause accutally with some atx if u mash down the gas its gunna acctually bog down then go, no w the beating an is300 or a hemi on the hwy...thats bs they wasnt racin u just thought they were they prolly just pressed the gas a lil more ive beetn a hemi b4 but thats with headers exhuast plugs wires nitrous and couple other thingsand that was also at 90+mph ive also raced a few svt focus with nitrous i can beet one but i have 2 do a double shot take one hit and when it wears off take another, thats the only way u really gunna beet one cause once that second stage of the intake kicks in on those it makes it a hell of a lot harder to keep up with.