Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - What sorts of problems has your Focus experienced?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #324
USARice
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56127
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST, DD and AutoX

Points 2,305, Level 29
Points: 2,305, Level: 29 Points: 2,305, Level: 29 Points: 2,305, Level: 29
Level Up 4% Completed
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 USARice Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
2005 ST 55k, owned/maintained since 28k

Spun rod bearing a full 90, was really a shock to see, bearing showing heavy signs of uneven wear. Put new bearing in, noise went away, but there was still another noise. Finally didn't feel like dealing with it anymore, found a guy who specializes in wrecked foci not that far from me and he installed it with the tranny as well, so all that took 40k off the car. The whole thing only cost me $1400.

Endlinks have been loud for the last 10k. Replaced last week. Much better.

Wheel bearing in the rear has been noisy for the last 5k. Replaced last week. Much quieter.

So, the way I look at this is that I originally got the car for $3k under book basically sight unseen. (Because it was still under factory warranty I'd have some recourse.) I've now put that money back into the car with the "new" engine and suspension work I recently had done. I replaced the f/r discs and put on some HPS pads all the way around a year ago.

Money spent, yeah, but still a pretty good value when you consider what it is now for "stock" focus money spent...