Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - How do you know when your injectors are maxed out?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 45 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
This is open loop.
I did the closed loop thing up to ~400 counts. Closed loop is pretty smooth. Not perfect but close enough for now. The car idles well again and doesn't go into failed MAF mode like it was doing.

The thing I found out that may be doing this is, something with my alternator is funky. It acts like the belt slips after 4,000 RPM. The headlights pulse. Logged voltage and it drops, bounces back, drops and then stays low if I stay in it. This just started yesterday. I hadn't messed with anything alternator related. So I tried playing with the alternator cut out @ WOT, no change at all. Seems like it'd be tune related simply from when this started but I can't find anything that proves it is, every tune (27 trys now) is identical far as the alternator is concerned.

Have to find my receipt but I'm going to try and warranty it out and hope that fixes it. So I'm on hold 'til I can get that done. Sucks working so much because I have little time to play tuning let alone replace parts.

And if you guys want to see logs you have to tell me what to log. I've just been logging things I want to see, some of which are irrelevant to the tune. And I can't find the RPM PID that makes sense.

Oh, and total I added ~28% to the top end MTF with no change. So if it isn't voltage related, my injectors are maxed.