Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Cockburn View Post
But My car runs fine?

When I switched to the Bosch units, I noticed a smoother idle and acceleration over the sock plugs that only had 70km on them..

I think you should maybe have some research or some hard data before bashing a brand that does not work in in a totally different motor design.

As of now, its sounds like more of a opinion then a fact, thus making this sticky not really a sticky, I personally think sticky s should contain factual information, not peoples personal ideals on certain brands.

If you said your were a automotive engineer for FoMoCo, or for major spark plug company, then yes this would be valid information. The one thing I've learned about "Automotive Technicians" They seem to be basis to brands depending on what sales rep does a better PK meeting.

I'm not trying to bash your ideals., I'm just stating my own.
actually it is fact from a few years back...my fact. not gonna dig for the thread just to appease you, you can do that for yourself.
Lets just suffice it to say, it's not a whole lotta fun when you spend the money you do on bosch, to have them leave you stranded because a center electrode fell out of one leaving a completely dead cylinder and a car that had to be towed to have the engine scoped (engine safety first). all while you were doing 75 down the interstate.
Something as important as a plug gets only one chance, bosch used it up.
There's 2 brands I will not use from experience. bosch and champion