DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy2.3 View Post
I doubt the ST will be as fast at the SS Turbo stock for stock. The SS is a performance bargain for sure. The ST will be much nicer to DD, but in an all out battle, the SS will almost surely outperform it.
A. lighter (probably)
B. more power

Posted via FF Mobile I have to agree, I mean we gotta wait and see the specs, but those cobalt turbos were no joke. Night and day compared to the previous s/c version. They didnt just add a turbo ecotec, they tuned the hell out of the suspension and made the whole thing stiffer. 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, fastest Ive seen was 5.5. It held the title for quickest fwd car on the Nurburgring until a Renult took the crown, but it was pretty much a glorified race car that just made it to street worthy status. The Cobalt you could actually drive day to day. Well have to see what the ST brings out. It might be able to kill the SS in the handling department if they do indeed put a version of revoknuckle on it, I have no doubts the chassie is stiffer then the cobalts either. But what will be the deciding factor besides weight, is how quick will it be. I will be surprised if it does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds, although very happy, but Im going to estimate like 5.9?

BUT thats between you and your boy. In the real industry comparison itll be the ST vs the Cruze SS if it ever comes out...and in that match I think the ST will come out ontop as the better car. The cruze is a FATTY!