Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - PRP / Advantage III ?'s
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

Fan#: 37693
What I Drive: dirty wag; Party; Bavarian phallus

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
how big is that MAF in mm? 67 counts is EXTREMELY LOW for idle, im thinkin maybe you can select a better MAF for this application. Wether it is the electronics or the tube diameter I think you're gonna have to change some hardware. I am using a 3" tube with the stock MAF and have plenty of headroom, only hitting just over 800 counts at full load and idling around 130-160. Plus the full 3" intake did wonders for top end power. On a good cold day I can see about 22-23 #/min at 6800.

im gonna PM you my email so you can send me logs, I need to see whats going on and when it is in order to give the best advice without sending you the wrong direction. There is an order to these things and I think you are looking at step #4 when in fact you need to look at step #1 to start fixing this problem, but it is hard to tell from your description.

ok edit, I looked at that MAF transfer you posted and it looks like it should work fine. Maybe you idle at a really low RPM?? I idle at 950 warm at 130 counts. I bet if my motor COULD idle at 650 it would be down around 80 counts or so. So maybe it is okay. Just need to see the log, it makes so much more sense than words.

Not on this list? Almost certainly crap.
SUV this!