Old 02-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #618
mySVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5557
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver ST

FF Reputation: 1 mySVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Heard a horrible rumor...

I know you can't trust Wikipedia for anything, but I read a incredibly distressing rumor that I hope is just that, A RUMOR! Just seeing it at Wikipedia wouldn't worry me so much, but I also read it somewhere else, though now I cannot remember or find where.
Wiki has a section talking about the new Focus ST, the EcoBoost 2.0 and a picture of the orange 5-door we have all seen. But the last line is very worrying:
The Focus ST will also be available in North America in 2012 as a sedan instead.

Wikipedia Focus ST

All I have to say to that is NOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!

I have been waiting for 2 or 3 years for a replacement for my SVT, we finally get confirmation that a worthy successor is on the way, then this? If it proves to be true and Ford doesn't give America what it has promised, I will have to look elsewhere.

I just hope that this is an unfounded rumor that will prove to be completely false. Offering only a sedan would be even worse than only having a 3-door ST, because at least the 3-door retains the sportiness of the hatch. While I would also not give up the practicality of having 4 doors, only offering the sedan completely removes the sporty SVT DNA from the ST.

Has anyone else heard this vicious rumor from a more reliable source?
SVT SQUAD #12 '13 Silver Focus ST3, moonroof
Old: 03 Silver SVT ZX5 #1459/2173, HIDs, Moonroof, Audiophile. Mods: Hawk pads, Waynes Tune, K&N filter
Older: 02 Silver ZX5 Premium, Leather, Moonroof