Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - The Duratec Sparkplug Sticky
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 11:14 PM   #48
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,561, Level 98
Points: 27,561, Level: 98 Points: 27,561, Level: 98 Points: 27,561, Level: 98
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Just A103, but I need to pull them out and try cutting back on the back-strap so it's more like the AR. Unfortunately my bandsaw needs a new blade. I guess I could do it in a vise with a hacksaw. You might even be able to snip it with a pair of diagonal cut pliers if you have a good pair.

Anyway, I tried other octanes as well- 2 tanks each, and didn't find cost effectiveness for myself. Everyone should do experiments for themselves when it comes to octane/plug combos. Too many variables. I do like the standard plugs because those help with diagnosis- build up deposits. I just don't put them in the wife's van. It's not so easy to change Windstar plugs- the cowl has to be removed, and it helps to take the nut off the dipstick bracket as well. There are cases where long life plugs make sense.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.