Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - The Duratec Sparkplug Sticky
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #39
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedgreyzx3 View Post
mods please clean up thread, this thread is about OE and copper spark plugs, not rediculously expesnive designer spark plugs that there is little to no evidence or testing done on them and only claims by the manufacture.
He has a right to his opinion, even if he can't take a hint that we got the point 10 posts ago. If he wants to go and spend the money on silver plugs- let him. The rest of us will get what's easily available. We went through the same thing with Mr Force Powered Focus until a dyno proved him wrong.

To clarify: yes silver is the best conductor, copper is 98%, silver is considered 100% as a baseline, gold is 65% or so right around aluminum. It's desirable in electronics not for conductance but for resistance to corrosion, oxidation, and EM interference. It's just not cost effective. Silver was used for bus bars at the Oak Ridge Nuclear Power plant in TN. I know a few old-timers that worked there in the late 40's.

To clarify more on what's being said: Make a point, and be done with it. If people dispute your point, ok. If you keep making a point over and over again you end up looking like a politician who's down in the polls and has to scream to get attention. Too often it seems that people get really insulted when someone on the internet doesn't agree with them. I think it's because they won't argue anything in real life face to face so they become e-thuggish.

Unless there's insulting or off thread comments, I can't just come in here and delete opinions. Now start talking about how herpes affects your spark plugs, and I might edit that.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.