Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83305
What I Drive: 2010 Panther Black LV MKII Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 Belle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotac View Post
Hello!

I am new here. My story is that I've always been a Taurus person. My last was a '96 Taurus LX that I loved to pieces. I graduated with my bachelor's last Dec (2009). Since then have been looking for a decent job and had found one. Thing is, the new job was an hour and a half away from where I currently live. If I got the job, I would need a newer dependable & more fuel efficient car. I wasn't going to buy until I was positive I got the job. I originally was looking at the new Fiesta, but many people recommended trying a Focus, so I did. I will say I liked that it drove better among other things compared with the Fiesta. Perhaps because I am used to the bigger cars as with my Taurus.

So I got the job, and I am a production designer for advertisements & like it a lot. I got a 2011 Ford Focus, blue flame SE. This is my first brand new car. I got it the end of October with 40 some miles on it. It now has over 10,500 miles on it. Unfortunately last week someone at my work ran into it when they were parking next to me. Most likely the bad snow mess we had was something to do with it. I got a phone call and they gave me the name and number of the lady & to go look at it. Apparently all she did was scuff the front part of the rear wheel well a bit and a minor small dent you can't even notice really. I told her to not worry about it. At least she was honest, not too many people like that left in the world. It is bound to get dinged up sooner or later :/

Well, that is my story in a nut shell!

I hear ya - I live just over an hour from work (I do 104 km's total a day, that's to and from work) and my 2004 RS Impreza was a thirsty little thing. I've had my Focus for 2 weeks now, racked up just over 1500km's on it already and the fuel efficiency is vastly better! More cash in my back pocket for shopping...(more likely spending on my quickly-growing-up son than me!)