Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Focus Fanatics Ride of the Month Showcase
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #72
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
FEBRUARY RIDE OF THE MONTH(2011)

Member name: NICKGT40
MODEL: ZX3
Color: Pitch Black

Why he loves his Focus:
"I guess it's because it's really the first car I've owned. I drove a '95 V8 T-Bird before I bought the car outright back in 2005. Up until just this last friday the car had never left me stranded (fuel pump went out, but was covered under warranty because of a recall!)

As I stated in my ROTM nom thread, I've really done everything in this car from camping to driving some of the best roads the CA coast has to offer. It's hard to beat a car that can get you where you need to be reliably, cheaply, with all of your stuff, and looks good to boot. If I have my way, this car will be in my possession forever. "

His future plans:
"As you guys can see, the exterior is almost done with just a few minor touches left to do. My interior has a little way to go yet, I'm still rocking the stock stereo so getting a nice system in there is definitely planned. Other than that I really like the inside of the car with these MOMO seats and SVT upgraded parts.

Now to the performance goals. Suspension plans are for H&R coilovers, IMO the car is almost as low as it needs to be but the back sits just a little too high for my tastes and the suspension is a little soft. Under the hood, long term plans are a little more complex. The new FSWerks Zetec turbo kit will be the next thing I buy for the car, not sure when it will make it on there, but everything else will be based off that (new clutch, LSD, etc.). If I end up hitting the lotto one day, the car will become a 2-seat RWD focus, exact powerplant to be determined, but you can bet it probably won't be N/A.

Hopefully I get this new job I've been interviewing for since January. If I do, I get a brand new car to drive daily so the Focus will finally become a secondary car and get the babied treatment it really deserves."

MODIFICATIONS

EXTERIOR:
RS Collections Front Bumper
RS Collections Rear Bumper
SVT Mirrors
Roush Sideskirts
RS Rear Wing
KONA Roof Rack
ST170 Headlights
'98 Euro Upper Grille
Nightshaded Front Signals
Debadged Rear End