View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #45
BnzRed1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 57839
What I Drive: 2008 Red SE coupe, 01 F150 4WD SC

FF Reputation: 1 BnzRed1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
We need to consider that the San Antonio, Austin, Houston, and other points will have another 2.5 to 4hr drive on top of where we decide to make our overnight stop 8.5 to 10hrs (from Dallas). If the plan is to meet/join up with the other groups at the Ray Hubbard location and then depart at a reasonable time (early 8:00am at the latest 9:00am) to make the 10hr drive as suggested, would require an extremely early departure for our other focus brothers let's say 4 or 5 in the morning. A ballpark 14hrs is a long day on the road and a stop somewhere between Memphis and Nashville is definetly needed. The early departure time from Dallas is only a suggestion and it would place us in our yet to be decided overnight stop around dinnertime. We would still have to find lodging and it can be difficult unless we go way off the interstate. We also have to consider the group size it may prove difficult to find rooms for every one at one location and for everyone to come to agreement on price of the room. The closer we get to Nashville the prices go up for lodging and the harder they are to obtain without reservations. I would rather have a room early than to be driving around late at night trying to find a place to stay adding more hours to an already long drive. Just sayin... cause I've been there and done that and kicked myself in the ass for doing it. I'm sure we can work out a reasonable plan for everyone.