Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - My crash bar/splitter creation/installation (kind of a how-to)
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 07:12 PM   #10
mikealicious
'Merica

Fan#: 47077
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT (gone), 2012 SEL

FF Reputation: 8 mikealicious Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetta555 View Post
looks dam good man nice job on the fabrication neat idea
thanks man! I'll have to give credit where credit is due tho. A LOT of the fabrication work on this one was done by my buddy. Dude does awesome work and is always thinking outside the box. The fab idea I had in my mind had to do with removing the factory bumper beam. He wanted to do it without removing that. And we did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djzx3 View Post
Wow really nice looking, I always wondered how to do that type of lower splash/wind deflector? How is it mounted to the car, and is it piloting so that it's adjustable by those rods?
Not really sure your first two questions on this one. The wind deflector and how is it mounted to the car? It's an aerodynamic splitter. The way it works is it's smooth surface allows the air/wind to move quicker underneath the car. This creates less air pressure underneath the car and greater air pressure above the car (aka downforce). at higher speeds, it pushes the car down, giving it more traction under high speed cornering. I've road raced the car a couple of times last year, and plan to race it a lot more this year. One of the reasons I made it. Plus, I think it looks sick. ahah

but to answer your second question, yes. it is adjustable. Those rods screw/unscrew into themselves, so I can raise or lower the front of the splitter which would change the angle (change the downforce) of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuhFuh Focus View Post
That looks pretty cool, looks like yall did a good job too.
thanks man! It came out better than I thought it would. Fully functional and looks dope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003SilverSVT View Post
Very nice job !!!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickgt40 View Post
I am so envious of your lift.

Car looks great!
lol that's my buddy's lift. He's basically the "go-to" guy for virtually anything around our area. He does awesome work and does it super fast. That lift makes everything sooooo much easier. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboy View Post
Wow nice work!
Thanks dude!