Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - How To Make Your Own Wiring Harness For Fog Lights
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #28
norcalfocus01
Registered

Fan#: 55603
What I Drive: White N Gold 2001 Sedan

FF Reputation: 132 norcalfocus01 Excellent Standing Membernorcalfocus01 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuhFuh Focus View Post
Nope there wasnt a wire coming off of mine.

I can try and get a pic tomorrow.
Duh I just re-read your question and the part about 83b. I didn't connect to a OEM fog light switch, but I would say you should be able to get a female slip connector to fit on that pin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkweed View Post
see this is where i am stuck at too, i have the OEM, Fog lights, the surrounds, the OEM switch, and the wiring harness. which the harness is not OEM. i have everything routed and it's grounded but i don't have it hooked up to the battery yet, cause i am trying to figure out where the female interface for the male pin 83b leads to, so i can connect it to the switched input on the relay. do i have to drill through the firewall or route it through a grommet that leads to the wiring for the light switch? if our cars are not prewired for fog lights, is there even a line that leads from the light switch on the female receptacle for pin 83b? if there is a line, does it route to a fuse box inside the car or in the engine bay?
You can either...

go through the fire wall, which there are holes already there to slide the one wire through.

or go behind the fender and through the plastic plug in the door jamb.