Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How To Make Your Own Wiring Harness For Fog Lights
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #27
milkweed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40906
What I Drive: 2007 ford focus zx3 red

Points 742, Level 14
Points: 742, Level: 14 Points: 742, Level: 14 Points: 742, Level: 14
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 milkweed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalfocus01 View Post
Isn't there a wire already coming out of 83b? If so just strip about a 1/8" of the plastic off the wire, wrap the bare end of your wire around it, and electrical tape it up.
see this is where i am stuck at too, i have the OEM, Fog lights, the surrounds, the OEM switch, and the wiring harness. which the harness is not OEM. i have everything routed and it's grounded but i don't have it hooked up to the battery yet, cause i am trying to figure out where the female interface for the male pin 83b leads to, so i can connect it to the switched input on the relay. do i have to drill through the firewall or route it through a grommet that leads to the wiring for the light switch? if our cars are not prewired for fog lights, is there even a line that leads from the light switch on the female receptacle for pin 83b? if there is a line, does it route to a fuse box inside the car or in the engine bay?