Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - eBay Turbo Kits are NOT a direct fit for the focus and are POS
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 11:50 PM   #80
FocusBoy58
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03

Fan#: 38424
What I Drive: 01 Turbo,12 SE,95 Vette 396

FF Reputation: 14 FocusBoy58 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
#1 isnt close to right but its on my friends car making 220 on an atx ill get some pictures when i can hes had it for 35,000 miles now maybe more and no problems.. The intercooler, the downpipe, wastegate downpipe, and the manifold was ceramic coated black but the other piping lets just say there was some work to do... They give you enough pipes to find a way to run everything its just a nightmare and i honestly wouldnt recommend it.. Especially when our forum has used kits for close to the same price from name brands...

The important stuff was actually pretty good except the turbo i didnt think was great but hes got 30+ so i guess hes the one laughing.. The intercooler is actually a real tube and fin setup which was rather suprising..

Kit #1 is ok if you know cars and you know fabricating..

Duratec kit, If i had a duratec i would buy it just to see... It really seems to look pretty decent.. and so what if the turbo is shit down the road just get a ball bearing garret..

+ Name brand kits are easier to tune...

Makes tuning easier for tom when he knows the kit to.. Hard to know what to expect with an ebay kit...