Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How the OEM speakers stack up to upgrade speakers (pictures)
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #27
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

Fan#: 9730
What I Drive: 01 ZX3RACECAR/04 ST170/13 FST2

Points 2,772, Level 32
Points: 2,772, Level: 32 Points: 2,772, Level: 32 Points: 2,772, Level: 32
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 4 jinstall Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyL View Post
First, let me compliment everyone on their contributions to an interesting audio thread, especially the OP for actually using test procedures instead of relying solely on subjective impressions. I also used to "do this stuff" pretty hardcore back in the '70s, studying with the techs at Seattle's Speakerlab and building some pretty high-end home systems, including custom speaker cabinets, custom cross-overs, Phase Linear amps, blah, blah.

So here's my small contribution, relating to the quote. Well-designed speaker grilles may improve dispersion of upper-midrange and treble frequencies. You should be able to hear a difference between the grill on and off. With a good grill, the higher frequency sound will be more consistent as you move your head around or change seating positions in the car or other listening environment. This helps in the localization or sound-staging of instruments.
I like this, very true. I fuss with speaker placement for days when I move from one house to another.
2013 Focus ST2 TS NAV SUNROOF-Hers