YellowJellyBean
Love CA / Hate CARB

Fan#: 69030
What I Drive: MÜSTÄRD

FF Reputation: 13 YellowJellyBean Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mitchuation View Post
I was looking to get a cai for my svt but I read that I should just get a hi-flow drop in filter, and that I should save my money and get a tune! I would really like to know what exactly a tune does and how much it cost and where I can get it done at. any help would be appreciated! thanks!
Tom said it best, but I'll go ahead and give my 2 cents. Even before you get any mods a tune will help you out a lot. You'll be able to run your SVTF on premium fuel (91 or 93 octane, depending on what you can get where you live) and meet its true factory potential. Also, like Tom said, you get free updates to your tunes if you order from him, so any bolt-ons you decide to get (intake, exhaust, etc.) can be installed one at a time, rather than worrying about trying to do it all at once.

I have my 2006 ZX3 tuned by Tom, and I love it. There's power that just wasn't there before, and the car is so much more fun to drive, even with just a cold air intake.

There are a couple other options out there for tuning, but if you are in the early stages of modifying your car, it's hard to disagree with free tune updates.

Focus Fanatics
Extremely helpful people
I made a haiku