Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - soo, i need some good tires.....
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #49
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

Fan#: 37693
What I Drive: dirty wag; Party; Bavarian phallus

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGEO30 View Post
Thanks for the tire info. I was looking at those already as my street tire choice. Since I want to remain in HS class again this year, I must run either 15 or 16 inch rims since Im driving the ZX3. I guess the SVT had 17 inch rims OR yall are running something other then the stock class. I actually set out to get a cheap set of 15 inch rims i.e. anything aluminum for use as racing only rims but I couldnt find a set of usable rims for less than a new set of 16 x 7 MB Seven's (very cheap at $75 ea). So, I shifted my plan. I'll use the new rims as my daily drivers and convert my current stock 16 x 7 aluminum rims into my racing rims. Current plans are to remove the factory paint, sand down - clean up the various road rash and take them to work and powder coat them some eye popping color like Caterpillar yellow or John Deer green. Not sure, but we might have some lime green or orange. Obviously I haven't quite settled on the color yet. My only real loss is not getting the 15 inch size for racing. I don't think that will be a huge issue. I'll try and keep the tires as short as possible to compensate. I know there are lighter wheels than the factory aluminum rims out there. But as it been stated, Ill need a few more events in my log book before a few pounds on the rims makes the difference of winning or losing. Yall are offering up lots of good info. Thanks a lot.
was just reading through the thread and noticed this. I don't know of any factory 16x7 wheels for the Focus. 16x6 only. So if you are running 16x7 you need to run in ST or FSP if you have race tires...

Not on this list? Almost certainly crap.
SUV this!