Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 1st Event of the year, new question
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #18
CGEO30
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 81274
What I Drive: 2001 Drk Blue ZX3

Points 79, Level 1
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 CGEO30 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Really cool track. And being able to race all year, how cool is that. The 16 should help the TQ out of the corners but it will depend on the overall tire OD as compareed to the 17's. Your looking to lower the / go to a smaller OD tire. I was thinking of doing the same thing (16 to 15) but couldn't find some cheap 15 inch aluminum rims. I'll keep the 16s but look to lower the OD as much as possable. Since I race at a wide range of tracks i.e. they're never the same, gear selection is a matter of what a particular track needs. I don't like pushing the rev limiter as a normal routine item. The seat issue will work it self out. I don't see that being the 3+ seconds you needed to compeat. Good call not making an issue of it. Once you get the new tires on and a few events under your belt with the new tires, hopefully buy then the seat issue will be resolved. As you stated, the R ST time really raises an eye brow.He was really fast ????? Good luck with the new tires. I still have a few months before I can try out some new tires that I still need to buy