Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - soo, i need some good tires.....
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #10
CGEO30
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 81274
What I Drive: 2001 Drk Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 CGEO30 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question Race versus street tires

Hello All. A new member making his first post.....ya hooooo. I've been reading the info on tires, which is cool because I'm in the market for some autoX tires. I drive an 01 ZX3 in HS. It seems like most of the tire recommendations are for a street tire instead of and actual race tire. Is this based driving to & from the track on what you race?? This year (my second yr) I am outfitting myself with a sml autox trailer so I can change to track tires at each event. I am also planning on staying in the HS class, so I can run a race or street tire. With that in mind, what is everyones recomendation for tire choices?? The Hoosier A6 or the Kumho Ecsta V710's seem like a good fit. In my area, they generally will run a street tire class to even out the compition due to tires so a tire that meets the street tire requirments (> or = 140) would be nice if it has really good grip. That way I coulod compete in eather HS ot HS street. The two tires I listed above are soly race i.e. max grip = potentialy the best lap times. If I chose to get a tire that lets me race in the HS street tire class, then neither of these would do. Given these facts, which race tire AND which street tire do you recommend for someone that will use the tires ONLY at the track :)

Last edited by CGEO30; 01-22-2011 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Additional clarification