Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - How the OEM speakers stack up to upgrade speakers (pictures)
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #9
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78699
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 12 BowerR64 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0C0nFused View Post
I used to 'mess with this stuff' a long time ago. The key is getting the specs for the particular driver (not easy to do most times). Then tuning the enclosure for the driver. But as most car speakers fit into such weird spaces, I never mastered how to do that exactly (internal volume is what???). Add in sympathetic vibrations and, well, I just threw my hands up. Anyway, I agree that it appears that the ford component driver has some sort of filter on it. Note the total lack of 'Q' in the 50-80hz range. Very odd without a bandpass filter.
Its fun, audio stuff is very fun interesting stuff to me.

I took the componet speaker apart and WOW this thing is NICE! the quality is really good for a factory speaker i must say.

One thing i never liked about some companys was how they rate the wattage of speakers. specialy companys like pioneer 240watts!? these componet speakers are rated for 25 to me that is so much more realistic.

any way look at the quality of these speakers!

look at the crossover, thats somthing you would see in a home speaker

The drivers are beefy, specialy the tweeter

big healty magnets

even took the time and cost to add foam packing

i went ahead and rebuilt iy but removed the grills, i might have to test them again and see if the sound changes any with the grills removed

The woofer driver kinda reminds me of bose outdoor drivers, they have a similar look as somthing ive seen in a bose speaker