Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 AM   #513
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Young and make good money... wish I could be so fortunate. From what I've seen employers don't pay you crap until you've got years of experience under your belt. In fact with the way the economy is the way it is, most places wouldn't even consider hiring you unless you have at least 3-5 years experience in a particular job. How can some people get that if they can't even get the jobs to begin with? Blows my mind.

I'm not buying the argument that this sporty econobox is meant for the young demographic. Young and rich... yeah I guess. But if they're aiming to push sales by volume, realistically speaking it's not going to happen at that estimated price point. The regular 2012 Focus SE is even borderline affordable for most young adults. I'm not saying the 2012 Focus won't be a great car (it definitely is), but I don't think it's going to be nearly as profitable as the first generation of Focus. I don't even think the Fiesta will take that spot (unless they improve interior space).

I only hope Ford has some greater insight on this business decision. And by that I mean I'm a little worried that they won't sell enough ST models to justify carrying models like it in the future. They need to understand that price is a major selling point and that it wasn't the car itself (or the demand for a car like it) which was the main factor in its poor sales. And I'm just making my personal prediction here. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. :-)