Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #508
apagios
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40891
What I Drive: '03 ZX5 SVT, '05 Mazdaspeed Miata

Points 873, Level 15
Points: 873, Level: 15 Points: 873, Level: 15 Points: 873, Level: 15
Level Up 73% Completed
Level up: 73% Level up: 73% Level up: 73%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 apagios Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SVTFreak View Post
looked so good at the auto show
Ditto! My friend and I road tripped from DC to Detriot, over the weekend, it looked awesome!

I have always been guessing $26-28k for it when it comes out. Which is really tough, it is very sexy and awesome. But if it's the same price as the WRX? Honestly I may lean towards the Focus ST anyway, since I feel like the WRX is settling. I'd rather go for the STI, a turbo back exhaust, intake, and Cobb tune. (yeah I know totally different price range) I will confess I did spend a significant amount of time sitting in the STI at the show.

And as far as car prices, I'll second Kylesvt720. Everyone has different jobs and priorities, but in general I'd say a mid 20's single guy with a decent job should be able to swing an ST.

It's all a matter of priorities. My personal financial priorities involve my house/mortgage, riding Ducati's, and skydiving. If I gave all that up, I could be rolling around in a new M3 for much less then my mortgage for example, but I prefer to enjoy my SVTF daily driver & Mazdaspeed Miata as my budget sports car. I am a single guy and just turned 28 in December.

My friends gave me crap for having 4 vehicles; I pointed out all 4 of my vehicles added up to less than the new G37S I helped another friend shop for. So it's a matter of choices and standard of living. I'll gladly choose 2 fun & practical cheaper cars and be able to keep my Ducati's over owning something crazy sexy cool, like the new 1 Series M I drooled all over in Detroit!

For the Focus ST, figure <$600 payment, and probably another $80-130/month for insurance for a less than 30 year old guy, that's not that much depending on your standard of living.

The kicker for me personally is that when the time comes, I may cave and pick up a used MS3 for $15k range and get a Ducati 848 track bike too and end up spending less on both than a new Focus ST.

Till then since I did all the work on my SVTF, it's riding like new, and I love it!