Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Rear Squeak Solved!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #42
NemesisEnforcer
Force-Powered Focus

Fan#: 48598
What I Drive: LIQUID GRAY 2005 ST

Points 18,461, Level 86
Points: 18,461, Level: 86 Points: 18,461, Level: 86 Points: 18,461, Level: 86
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 352 NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper View Post
Hey guys, first post. Just picked up an 06 ZX3 that had an awful squeak coming from the right rear. pretty much squeaked non stop the entire time i drove the car. Was going insane, until i stumbled upon this thread.

Mine, like the guy above me was coming from the loop hole thing on the ebrake cable. You can see the wear spot in the picture. I wedged a piece of rubber in there and it totally stopped squeaking.

Oh and a pic of my new Focus:
Yours looks diff from mine...my ebrake is up along the side of the car, not a foot in from the side, so could be diff setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopidsteve87 View Post
Is this like a harsh, compressed clanking sound occurring mostly when turning and going over bumps or rough spots?? Wondering if this is the issue I have, but no one has described the sound well lol
Posted via FF Mobile
Not, it is more of a metallic scratching/screechy (but not wicked loud).

Quote:
Originally Posted by russmistro View Post
wow wtf i have been looking everywhere trying to find out what that squeak could be and everytime i take my car to the dealer i can never find a bump hard enough to generate this noise..but this is definitely the nooise! gonna try this fix tmrw! god bless the OP if this works!
did it work?
GIVE DUE REP!! ST Crew #78 /Duratec Crew #91
Go Pats!! Go Green!! Go Sox!! Go B's!
Seeker of Wisdom, LG Crew #1
Resident Sith Lord & Jedi Master, MMA
Thx to those in the military.