Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Focus RS Build.....For the Occasional Track Day!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #25
lapse138
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 56841
What I Drive: 2004 black 2.3L zx3

Points 1,501, Level 22
Points: 1,501, Level: 22 Points: 1,501, Level: 22 Points: 1,501, Level: 22
Level Up 1% Completed
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 lapse138 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thielt1 View Post
If you haven't sourced your parts for this build yet it will be almost impossible to complete or you better have a lot of money. Part are mainly sourced from the U.K. with some parts coming from the USA and Germany.
what he said, if you didn't start collecting parts back in 2009, you won't find anything now. ford europe discontinued everything late 2009 early 2010. if you're thinking about starting the project now, don't, i think it's safe to say it's nearly impossible.

even then, like theilt, i got the body panels and suspension in september 2009 from capaldi racing. i didn't finish finding/collecting the remainder of the parts from germany and uk until just a few months ago. these projects take a great amount of time and dedication and i have an immense amount of respect for anyone undertaking and fully completing them.

since you pretty much have the blueprint from nzwinrz, can't wait to see how yours pans out, good luck!