Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 7 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Pioneer
AVH-P4200DVD
installed with steering wheel control unit for ~$450
Overall Rating: 1-10: 8

Its a great headunit all in all, sounds great, looks great, easy to use, moderatly easy to install.. i only dock two points because:

1. Its designed around ipod functionality, so media stored on SD cards and USB drives dont get access to the many features the ipod does. Im not a huge fan of Ipods for many reasons, so i lose out on a lot of nifty functionality because i dont have one. For most people, this isnt a problem, but penalizing people for not using an ipod is silly to me.

2. It doesn't have Bluetooth installed. You'd figure for the amount i paid, it would have bluetooth, it probably cost them as much to build in the adapter that allows you to install bluetooth as it would to just install the damn bluetooth. Instead of charging another 120 for an adapter that has horrid reviews.

3. Its usb support is very limited; only USB thumb drives, and ipods. no external hard drives, no other mp3 players, nada.

4. no adjustable dimming. It has two settings, bright, and when you turn on your lights, it goes dim. You cant adjust either of them, and using the dimmer on your headlight switch doesn't affect it. Its not that bad, but somewhat annoying.