Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hot exhaust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by russmistro View Post
isn't a header w/ stock exhaust pretty pointless? the exhaust is so restrictive the header is going to be JUST for noise until the exhaust is opened up for the motor to breathe more?
The exhaust is so hot, coming out the port, thats where is there is a lot of flow w/ heat, compared to the tip. One of the reasons to see exhaust headers wrapped is keep the heat in, to get the exhaust flowing. I would like to get a header. I just don't know about the emissions issue. My car has 3 obd2 sensors, on the manifold. I know the 1st one measures the exhaust flow for the mass air sensor. I think the other 2 are checking the converter. I would try to run a converter after the flex pipe, but the exhaust gas would be cooler, when it got to that point, when cold. Someone else can chime in on this, that knows about the emission scene.I just don't want to change out something, after some work. Heck Focuswerks is having you to say, their header is not for street, to get them off the hook. So that says someone might have a issue w/ emissions. I use to live in Calif. where the emissions started in the early '70's!