Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 90's 5.0 mustang stock vs FI zx3
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #30
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Fan#: 42814
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZX3

Points 14,483, Level 78
Points: 14,483, Level: 78 Points: 14,483, Level: 78 Points: 14,483, Level: 78
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 20 Roushturboedzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
What a waste of time, no one read this, a bunch of going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateV8 View Post
There's a guy on the stang forums I'm on and he's running 11.3 with smaller heads and intake without a custom cam. There aren't alot but there are enough stock shortblock 302s running mid 10s N/A (keyword stockblock mid 10s N/A not stock stroke, there are guys in the 9s with stock stroke 302 N/A). SBFtech.com, that's the place to go for small block fords and where I've seen guys running mid 10s with a stock shortblock. That's where my cam is from and where I've received all my info about building my car, which allows me to be able to breaks 10s with a stock shortblock and achieve 25mpg with 4.10s and 15" vacuum @ idle. My setup is actually mild, hence the vac.

I'm not pissed off because your 2300lb boosted focus walks a stock 5.0, I'm annoyed because you are being very ignorant. Don't try to turn this around on me because the people you know don't know how to drive or aren't using slicks or DRs. Stock 5.0, suspension, bolt-ons, gear, tire = high to mid 12s ALL DAY.

Also let your cousin know he's using an alphabet cam older then the dinosaurs. B cams suck. All 5.0 guys who don't know what they are doing use them, and usually they get them because it "sounds good". Porting E7s? He would have gained more by switching to a GT40 upper and lower intake, this usually gives 15-20hp because the stock intakes flow so crappy. If I didn't have much money I'd just switch to GT40 heads and GT40 upper and lower intake. Porting E7s is pointless when you can have GT40s for $200. it's 155cfm to 190cfm.

Seriously. I wouldn't try and talk down a car/motor if I owned a car that ran 12.9 that weighs 2300lbs and uses FI. Especially when it can match or beat your lightened, tire, suspension, Turbo car with boltons, suspension, tire, full weight, N/A. This makes you look incompetent.

No hard feelings but don't go knocking unless you KNOW what you are talking about. Just because you and your cousin can't drive 5.0 and think they are slow doesn't mean that stands for the entire 5.0 world LOL. Because that is what you are making it seem.

I did answer your question btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateV8 View Post
Guess I wasn't paying attention to who I was replying too. Doesn't really matter, it's to almost everybody in this thread by the looks of it.

OBVIOUSLY changing stroke means its not a stock block (really?), you don't even know anything about a 5.0! This is clear as you doubt a stock block HCI fox is able to break 10s. Seriously, mine isn't that aggressive, I'm only aiming for a 10.9. I don't even have my clutch set up for drag. plus did I mention I get 25mpg?

I didn't say anything about me running 9s with a stock short block, but there are guys running 9s N/A with a stock stroke, you know, keeping it a 302.

If you are referring to that video posted of the roush focus beating the stang? That stang sucked ass if apparently the best time that either the mustang or the focus ran was 13.9, either the way that is a VERY slow 5.0 for a HCI car. Seriously, you don't know anything about the 5.0! The mustang I stated which is just a full bolt-on, gear, suspension, tire that can run mid to high 12s all day would only be making around 200-210rwhp or 240 flywheel....that's a bit less then 100 ponies more, oh look, that's a bit lower then a 260rwhp focus too isn't it? Like I said, that driver was sucking or he had a bad combination....like an alphabet cam.

Wow a twin turbo mustang running 9s!! Does this surprise you? There's N/A mustang running 8s, SC mustangs running 9s isn't uncommon at all. There's 2 in my small town. There's a stroked 302 with a single turbo and he's running 8.6 and it's streetable.

The fact that you also said you can drive a car in straight line as easy as you go around corners when you clearly have no experience is ignorant as well.
I may not be the baddest, but the baddest dont Fu** with me