Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 90's 5.0 mustang stock vs FI zx3
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 11:28 PM   #28
NateV8
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 80649
What I Drive: 2003, ZX5, Gray, Stick

Points 103, Level 2
Points: 103, Level: 2 Points: 103, Level: 2 Points: 103, Level: 2
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 NateV8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_z_x_3 View Post
me incompetant? not hardly buddy. I drive a circle track car, never been to a strip driving in my life. I can point a full tube chassis dirt car on 3 wheels as straight as anyone can on 4 wheels. i would have to say 6-700hp being limitied to a 8" wide tire is a lot harder to drive than a 300hp mustang in a straight line. i think you are one of those internet tough guys. I was just simply stating what his car ran with the mods he had and simply doubted you running 10s with a stock short block. If you are changing stroke it is no longer a stock short block. I never stated anything about me driving, you took that one upon yourself. that focus walks tht mustang with 4 less cylinders and i imagine about 100 less ponies than a mustang you stated, all while getting high 20's to low 30 mpgs. what more could you ask for? there is a twin turboed mustang around here that runs 9s. I doubt you are running 9s on all motor out of a stock 5.0 i am sure im not the only one

Guess I wasn't paying attention to who I was replying too. Doesn't really matter, it's to almost everybody in this thread by the looks of it.

OBVIOUSLY changing stroke means its not a stock block (really?), you don't even know anything about a 5.0! This is clear as you doubt a stock block HCI fox is able to break 10s. Seriously, mine isn't that aggressive, I'm only aiming for a 10.9. I don't even have my clutch set up for drag. plus did I mention I get 25mpg?

I didn't say anything about me running 9s with a stock short block, but there are guys running 9s N/A with a stock stroke, you know, keeping it a 302.

If you are referring to that video posted of the roush focus beating the stang? That stang sucked ass if apparently the best time that either the mustang or the focus ran was 13.9, either the way that is a VERY slow 5.0 for a HCI car. Seriously, you don't know anything about the 5.0! The mustang I stated which is just a full bolt-on, gear, suspension, tire that can run mid to high 12s all day would only be making around 200-210rwhp or 240 flywheel....that's a bit less then 100 ponies more, oh look, that's a bit lower then a 260rwhp focus too isn't it? Like I said, that driver was sucking or he had a bad combination....like an alphabet cam.

Wow a twin turbo mustang running 9s!! Does this surprise you? There's N/A mustang running 8s, SC mustangs running 9s isn't uncommon at all. There's 2 in my small town. There's a stroked 302 with a single turbo and he's running 8.6 and it's streetable.

The fact that you also said you can drive a car in straight line as easy as you go around corners when you clearly have no experience is ignorant as well.