NateV8
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 80649
What I Drive: 2003, ZX5, Gray, Stick

FF Reputation: 1 NateV8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_z_x_3 View Post
did i step in something? i could have swore his sig said he was going for 10s n/a with a stock 5.0 shortblock? am i misunderstanding something or am i wrong to say that no way in hell in a stock 5.0 shortblock is going 10's with heads and a intake, headers, and a cam? my cousin has 4.10 gears, BBK shorties, a BBK CAI, a B303 cam, roller rockers, a superchip and some porting and polishing and went 13.7 at a lil over a hundred. I think 102mph.
There's a guy on the stang forums I'm on and he's running 11.3 with smaller heads and intake without a custom cam. There aren't alot but there are enough stock shortblock 302s running mid 10s N/A (keyword stockblock mid 10s N/A not stock stroke, there are guys in the 9s with stock stroke 302 N/A). SBFtech.com, that's the place to go for small block fords and where I've seen guys running mid 10s with a stock shortblock. That's where my cam is from and where I've received all my info about building my car, which allows me to be able to breaks 10s with a stock shortblock and achieve 25mpg with 4.10s and 15" vacuum @ idle. My setup is actually mild, hence the vac.

I'm not pissed off because your 2300lb boosted focus walks a stock 5.0, I'm annoyed because you are being very ignorant. Don't try to turn this around on me because the people you know don't know how to drive or aren't using slicks or DRs. Stock 5.0, suspension, bolt-ons, gear, tire = high to mid 12s ALL DAY.

Also let your cousin know he's using an alphabet cam older then the dinosaurs. B cams suck. All 5.0 guys who don't know what they are doing use them, and usually they get them because it "sounds good". Porting E7s? He would have gained more by switching to a GT40 upper and lower intake, this usually gives 15-20hp because the stock intakes flow so crappy. If I didn't have much money I'd just switch to GT40 heads and GT40 upper and lower intake. Porting E7s is pointless when you can have GT40s for $200. it's 155cfm to 190cfm.

Seriously. I wouldn't try and talk down a car/motor if I owned a car that ran 12.9 that weighs 2300lbs and uses FI. Especially when it can match or beat your lightened, tire, suspension, Turbo car with boltons, suspension, tire, full weight, N/A. This makes you look incompetent.

No hard feelings but don't go knocking unless you KNOW what you are talking about. Just because you and your cousin can't drive 5.0 and think they are slow doesn't mean that stands for the entire 5.0 world LOL. Because that is what you are making it seem.

I did answer your question btw.