goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbones00SE View Post
Why would separate housing be needed? Take your shower and get out. Some of you act like now that DADT has been repealed that a gay soldier is going to be standing in the corner of the shower watching soap suds wash down the crack of your butt while holding an erect penis in their hands.

Stop giving yourselves so much credit. I don't know about you, but even though I love women, doesn't mean I find everyone of them to be attractive and I get a boner everytime I see one naked. It also means that not every woman finds me attractive and thus every gay soldier won't find you attractive either.

how about you get yourself an openly gay room mate in a two man room who has his boyfriend come over on weekends for "visits"... try that out for a couple months and see where that statement heads.

Not military so I'm not sure, but common sense should be applied like you would for any other group. Don't call people out of their names and treat them with the respect which you would want to be treated with.

Not being military I'm pretty sure you don't understand how housing works for single soldiers. depending on where you are you always have a room mate or more. This is one of the things not thought through very well.

People are just going to have to adapt and get over their feelings. Last I checked, serving in the military was still voluntary. If they don't like it then they have the choice not to join/re-enlist.

I don't see a problem with letting them resume from where they left off either. Were these people dishonorbly discharged? Many people were outted by others, not by themselves, so why should they have to start over for something they had no control over.

Now think about it, why would they have been outed by others? I know of 3 who were outed and dishonorably discharge because of their conduct and playing grab ass (sexual harassment) with other soldiers. Also sodomy is illegal according to UCMJ.

Now, the real issue with implementation is going to be with benefits to gay partners. Will the military honor gay marriages from those states that permit it?
The military has its own set of laws completely seperate from civilian law, the two are not combined.
Rob a store the state gets you first, then the military. It's the only area in the US where double jeopardy can take place for crimes.