Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #12
Dung1sm
Atx PZEV FTW!

Fan#: 52323
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ZX4

Points 3,540, Level 37
Points: 3,540, Level: 37 Points: 3,540, Level: 37 Points: 3,540, Level: 37
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 4 Dung1sm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller_1974 View Post
I knowingly served alongside closeted gay Soldiers in Kuwait, and did not take sexual preference into account during a firefight. That said, I don't have a problem with it, but know of many people who would.

I also think that this retroactive re-enlistment is a kinda bad idea, and this is why: The 13,000 some-odd folks who were discharged were most likely released because They couldn't keep from airing Their dirty laundry out in Public, so to speak. A certain amount of presence of being and presence of environment is essential in an effective Soldier, and allowing Your personal life to become so apparent to Your professional life that it causes severe conflict is just not acceptable. It doesn't work in the Civilian World, so it certainly can't in the Military(who follow a higher personal standard), right? It would be equated to lighting a joint in Your XOs office. Until the Brass say it's okay, simply put, it is not okay, and if You can't figure that out, I don't want You behind the trigger of a gun.
well said... simply put... im not very fond of this repeal crap...(no offense, im ok with gays, but i dont think theres room for them, just my opinion, sorry if i sound evil) i specially dont seek to work around them or cant think of them working in my field.. im a lav crewman 0313, i dont see gays excelling in any infantry field.... just my thought... lets go back to dont ask dont tell....i can see this repeal failing in a few years..were setting our selves up for failure...
So Cal Crew#43
Sedan Revolution #130

Moderator for:
South West Fanatics
Ford Focus & General Car Chat
Ford Focus Build Showroom