Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Common Ford Focus Transmission Problem, How to fix
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #55
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 267 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
For those of you who are not familiar with internet forums, the date of the post is listed in the left hand corner on the banner separating posts. If you go back to the beginning of the thread, you'll see that it was started in 08. That's why nobody answered your questions.

I'm glad you found a description of your problem by using the search button, but it would be better for you if you started your own thread, and then pasted a link to the old thread that you thought had the same problem as you. You'd get more answers that way. Not every problem is the same- the symptoms might be similar, but the causes might be completely different.

Please start your own thread Kathy, and no, I don't think a shift solenoid is your problem. It would be a good idea for you to warm up your car- like drive to work or the store- then check your transmission fluid. The procedure is given in the owner's manual. You have to check it with the engine running or the dipstick reading will be higher than it should be. IF you find you need fluid, use Mercon V fluid, do not use MerconIII, MerconV is almost twice as expensive as MIII.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.